GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE PORT
In order to provide quality service and cooperation to our partners and clients, the port´s constant investment in development is our primary goal. With further investments in the port, we invest in the growth and development of the local community as well as throughout Croatia.
The development of the port´s new projects has intensified which will bring both the port and the town of Ploče economic rejuvenation and open up new jobs. The modernization of the business process will result in better business accomplishments.
Developed Surface Area
Port of Ploče covers a total of 230 hectares of land and is divided according to the following developed areas (ha):
- Bulk cargo – 9,35 ha
- General & grain cargo – 11,42 ha
- Storage area for wood – 8,64
- Refrigerator storage – 0,20 ha
- Specialized cargo – 20,00 ha
- Liquid cargo – 17,38 ha
- Service & maintenance – 2,24 ha
- Passenger terminal – 1,50 ha
- Authority offices – 1,44 ha
- Garages for equipment & vehicles – 2,96 ha
- Unused surface area – 7,29 ha
- Area for future development – 147,58 ha.
NEW BULK CARGO TERMINAL
The plot on which the new bulk cargo terminal was built is part of the existing port area. It is located on the right bank of the Vlaška canal, and has an area of approx. 240.000 m².
b) CONTAINER TERMINAL
The container terminal was built and opened in 2011.
Further development plans for this terminal are:
- extension of the existing pier length to 330 m
- increase storage space up to 25 ha